cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soulphish
Paper Tape
Views: 723
Message 1 of 6

How to disable Airplain Power Mode on a ThinkPad T540p?

I reported an issue with my T540p to Lenovo Support where the battery was no longer charging. I had no spare battery to test, so the only recommondation was to buy a new battery.

I paid €130+ for a new battery that did not solve the issue. Call back to Lenovo, and they order a new system board. 2 and a half weeks later, this arrived. It got replaced, but did not resolve the issue. So the on-site tech started troubleshooting a little more.

We stumbled on the Airplain Power mode setting. Changing this to another setting caused the battery to start charging. Great, right? Yup. But didn't understand why it did this until I found this link.

However: My laptop is automatically switching to Airplain mode for no noticable reason. Unlike what other people are reporting, this is not when turning off WiFi, or anything similar to this. I see no reason for the switch, but it automatically switched to Airplane mode. It wasn't even disconnected from the power source to switch it to Power saver mode.

How can I perminatly disable this "feature"? I will not be on a plane with this laptop. I do not need this "feature".

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 720
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to disable Airplain Power Mode on a ThinkPad T540p?

Hi and welcome, soulphish

Have you applied the registry settings someotherguy suggested in the thread you've linked (message #9)?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

soulphish
Paper Tape
Views: 712
Message 3 of 6

No, because there is not a Windows 10 version. As this is my work laptop, changing the wrong registery bit and messing up the whole laptop is not an option.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 703
Message 4 of 6

You'll not do anything harmful for your laptop by that registry setting, you can trust to someotherguy.

What's the OS version on your laptop installed? That advice is applicable at least for the win8/8.1

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

soulphish
Paper Tape
Views: 701
Message 5 of 6

Windows 10 Enterprise.

soulphish
Paper Tape
Views: 675
Message 6 of 6

I actually just deleted the Power Profile. Seems to have resolved this issue so far.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors