DE

1 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 2

How to disable internal battery after potentially failed RAM upgrade in T480s

2019-08-06, 7:04 AM

Dear Readers,

I tried to replace the orginial RAM module on my Thinkpad 480s RAM socket with a Samsung 32 GB module. According to some sources, this module should in principle work, so I didn't expect any problems.

I followed the instructions to disable the internal battery before. However, after exchanging the module the computer no longer boots and I'm unable to see the logo screen. Thus I'm also unable to disable the internal battery in the BIOS again. How can I disable the internal BIOS now? I want to remove the module again and see if everything is still fine with the original module.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Bye

Dim4

Options

7535 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76732 Signins

2144173 Page Views

• Views: 2144173
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: How to disable internal battery after potentially failed RAM upgrade in T480s

2019-08-06, 15:27 PM

Hello and welcome,

I can't address your main question, except to suggest physically unplugging the battery once the case is open.  Also no idea whether 32GB modules should work...

However, as pointed out by another mod, increasing RAM capacity will cause the first boot time to become long - sometimes very long, as it minutes - so the laptop appears to not be booting.  Have you given it a few minutes?  With compatible RAM once it gets past that first long boot, things should run as desired/expected.

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save