cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rex732
What's DOS?
Views: 7,862
Message 1 of 3

How to do a factory restore on a Lenovo T410?

Anyways my Lenovo ThinkPad has started to go laggy all of a sudden and I think its because of a virus bc my anti-virus

software (Avast) always says that it blocks multiple urls that are supposedly infected and similar things like that, but factory restore seems to get rid of most viruses and I'm not exactly sure if my lappy has a virus or not, but it still lags and it could be adware or something like that meaning that it'd be a minor one, . I tried following guidelines how to do a factory reset but it wasnt the right guideline. But anyway, how do you factory restore a Lenovo T410? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Guru
Views: 7,814
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to do a factory restore on a Lenovo T410?

Welcome rex

1. Backup all your data to other drives (external USB HDD or thumbdrive)

2. Restart your machine, Press ThinkVantage button during ThinkPad logo (POST) to launch Factory Restore

Peter

ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | IdeaPad K1 | IdeaPad Yoga 11s | Miix 2 10" | 3000 Y300 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | Please do not send me an e-mail regarding technical questions | I am not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet

Destiny96
What's DOS?
Views: 3,606
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to do a factory restore on a Lenovo T410?

I have the same issue my husband and i have tried the F11 key the think vantage can you do a step by step please....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors