Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T400Plus
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,523
Message 1 of 2

How to enable only intel graphics/discrete graphics on T400(WxgA+), windows xp,

I got a T400  with switchabale graphics (something i dont understand). I want my 9 cells to  provide as long a run as feasible

without recharging. Which mode of graphics should i set it to and how do i do it?.

My blackbox (a bit heavy for me for carrying ) is a t400 with 9 cells and a wxga+, 2gb,120GB.

Retired Guru
Views: 2,519
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to enable only intel graphics/discrete graphics on T400(WxgA+), windows xp,

Edited: Sorry, missed the first time that you were on XP. The answer below is for Vista only. For XP because of op sys limitations you don't have true switchable graphics capability. You can switch between the two graphics cards during BIOS setup only. To switch, reboot turning power off, then power on and on initial screen hold F1 to enter BIOS setup. Choose config and then display, and toggle graphics between integer (energy saving) and discrete (high performance). First time you switch you may have to reboot an extra time to allow the drivers to install.

If you have the latest release of the power manager (2.42) right click on it (the battery icon) and choose switchable graphics. If you are still on 2.37 or earlier release of the power manager left click instead. Once you have found the switchable graphics option switch between the two graphics cards by choosing energy saving and high performance GRAPHICS. (NOT similar options in the normal part of the power manager.)

Here is the Lenovo switchable graphics FAQ

Message Edited by zilla on 01-25-2009 01:06 PM

T500: Vista 32, 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 15.4" 1680x1050, 500GB 7200rpm, ATI Radeon HD3650 + Intel 4500MHD. T42: XP, 1.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 14.1" 1024x768, 250GB PATA, ATI Radeon 7500.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors