Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John5000
Paper Tape
Views: 45,516
Message 1 of 12

How to find drivers for Thinkpad T500 ?

How to find drivers for Thinkpad T500 ?

I write T500 in the search field but it seems the youngest is now T520.

Where Lenovo put drivers for T500?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 45,464
Message 2 of 12

Re: How to find drivers for Thinkpad T500 ?

Hello and welcome

Follow EOL products site:
https://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

John5000
Paper Tape
Views: 45,461
Message 3 of 12

Many thanks.
j_beede
What's DOS?
Views: 42,955
Message 4 of 12

I did not see any ThinkPad T500 drivers in the Lenovo "EOL" area. Did I miss something?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 42,938
Message 5 of 12

Did you open the EOL site above?
In Device Drivers File Matrix section choose:
- Type -> Laptop and Tablets
- Series -> ThinkPad T Series
- Sub series -> ThinkPad T500

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

j_beede
What's DOS?
Views: 42,910
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for the quick reply x220forme.

Yes, I did open the Lenovo EOL area... I had selected "500 series" not "T series". My error.

I have several Problem Devices and I see lots of things to look over in the EOL area. I wonder if a rescue/recovery disk could be assembled for my particular T500? Maybe based on s/n or other build code?

My HD failed and I have the T500 running Win 7 on SSD. I suspect most of my drivers are generic system32. Mostly working, but with less than full functionality.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 42,903
Message 7 of 12

If you haven't already, try ThinkVantage System Update. It should find most/all of the drivers appropriate for your T500:

http://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/systemupdate506-06-18-2014.exe

http://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/systemupdate506-06-18-2014.txt

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

T500U
Paper Tape
Views: 13,977
Message 8 of 12

Hi, Thanks for your post. The Site itself is still up, but the links to the drivers themselves are dead. I cannot download any driver. Is there any way to contact Lenovo about this that you know off?

Thanks for your help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 13,973
Message 9 of 12

Are you referring to the EOL site?  I just tried the T500 drivers and there does seem to be something hinky with the links - left clicking on them doesn't do anything.  However, a right click and selecting "save link as..." seems to work.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

T500U
Paper Tape
Views: 12,760
Message 10 of 12

Sorry for the late reply. I did try your suggestion and was able to download the drivers. Many thanks for your help.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors