cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemeziz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,527
Message 1 of 3

How to use T480s Built-in display and two external Displays through DisplayPorts at the same time

I'm trying to figure out on how to get a working setup where the T480s (20L7001UMX) is connected to a Pro Docking station 40AH0135EU.  The laptop has only the built-in GPU from Intel.

What I would like is to have both the built-in display and two external displays. But my issue is that once I hopen up the laptop, one of the external displays go dead.

Is this a feature as it should or am I missing something?

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 4,400
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to use T480s Built-in display and two external Displays through DisplayPorts at the same ti

Dear customer,

Intel Graphics device has ability to support up to 3 displays (including ThinkPad LCD).

We are suspecting customer uses one external monitor in higher resolution ( such as 4K ) so that Graphics device may suspend one external monitor channel.

I actually can attach the 2 FHD(1920x1080) external monitors simultaneously to T480s via Pro Dock DP ports.

Highlighted
Nemeziz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,365
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to use T480s Built-in display and two external Displays through DisplayPorts at the same ti

The two extarnal displays are 24" Dells with 1900x1080 resolution and both are connected through display port. So that's not it but I need to check it out again when I visit our production site.

But the temporary workaround is to use aThunderbolt dockings station instead.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors