11-03-2019

US

6 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad l340-I5RH touchpad issues

2019-11-03, 19:43 PM

Hi, I recently bought the l340-I5RH (Gaming laptop, 9th gen i5, GTX 1650), and I noticed that the touchpad seems to be pretty bad in a couple different ways.

The first thing I noticed was that the touchpad feels sort of "loose", the physical touchpad plate seems to descend slightly even upon light presses that don't trigger a click.

Secondly, I'm unable to move the cursor using the touchpad while during any sort of keypress. This is an issue in things like simple games (Obviously, only the type that I would play with a touchpad, using a USB mouse is fine). I looked into it and it seems like an intentional feature, something about accidental palm movement while typing; however, I followed multiple sets of directions in pursuit of disabling, but my device seems to be missing the options set to remove the function. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Options

11816 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7069 Signins

741449 Page Views

• Views: 741449
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad l340-I5RH touchpad issues

2019-11-04, 13:38 PM

Hi A_Bit_Stupid,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

When the computer is off, press the Novo button (page 6 item 8) so it would show the Novo Menu. Try the touchpad on this menu screen and see if you have the same issue.

If it does, then it should be best to call technical support and inform them both issue you notice specially the asymetry on how it descends and not to work at times.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

11-03-2019

US

6 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad l340-I5RH touchpad issues

2019-11-26, 0:29 AM

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by attempt to replicate the issue in the Novo menu; I have no cursor in that menu to move using the trackpad.

I talked to tech support and they were wonderfully useless, walked me through reinstalling my drivers (which I had already tried, to no avail), and then essentially said there was no way they could help me further. 

Since then, I tried disabling "DisableWhenType_Enable" in the registry through  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Elantech\SmartPad. This didn't make a difference to my issue, I'm still unable to move the mousepad when I type on the keyboard. When I press a key it disables the trackpad for ~one second, no matter where on the computer I am. 

Any further help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you,

-Tyler

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete