Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thinkpadproblem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,840
Message 1 of 5

Insert a SIM in the mobile broadband device T400

Hi All,

I have a T400 2764CTO with f3507g Ericsson mobile bb card and vodafone sim card win 7 ultimate 64 bit. It is not working suddenly. Network connection panel and Acces Connection show Mobile Broadband connection but when try either of them msg appears "insert a sim card in the mobile broadband device". device manager and fn f5 has no problem however no green light next to the bluetooth and wireless  as well as power and idle indicators on the lenovo panel at the bottom of the lid. i did fresh installation even replaced sim card slot and sim card too. GPS gives same error too, "no sim card found".

Anyone out there to help? Thanks

Bump!

Edit: even though same version I flashad BIOS and checked cable connection of the sim card slot end under keybord bejel.

everything seems ok, any other cable conection? any suggestion?

it is a nightmare!!!

Thinkpadproblem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,756
Message 2 of 5

Re: Insert a SIM in the mobile broadband device T400

Edit:

Access connection gives out "error code 051: Your sim card is not present on the system" SIM card already inserted and device manager has f3507g ericsson WAN modem. WAN indicator always on, fn f5 button enables WAN ligt on and off as normally. still same error 051.

parmardilan
Token Ring
Views: 2,743
Message 3 of 5

Have you tried a driver update? I have a SIM card slot on my T500 but I don't think it is connected or something like that. The hardware is there though.
ThinkPad Twist S230U-
OS-Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU-Intel Core i7 3517U @ 1.90GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM-8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard-LENOVO 3347CTO (CPU Socket - U3E1)
Graphics-Wide viewing angle & High density FlexView Display 1366x768 (1366x768@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo)
Storage-298GB Seagate ST320LT007-9ZV142 (SATA) 22GB SanDisk SSD U100 24GB (SSD) 29GB SDHC Card (SCSI)
Audio-Realtek High Definition Audio
Thinkpadproblem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,737
Message 4 of 5

Yes I updated all drivers thr system update after formatting C, fresh downloaded all again.

f3507g WWAN card was pre installed on purchase. I only purchased vodafone SIM card and activated it, thats it. it was working like a charm so far no problem, but suddenly not working any longer. SIM card is active and works on other devices. I also replaced SIM card several times, still no luck.

device manager sees f3507g WWAN card, there is no driver conflict at all, fn f5 working and enables wifi, bluethoot and WWAN on and off. wifi and bluethoot works fine too.

but no green WWAN indicator on the bottom of the lid, It should be on along with bluetooth and wifi indicators?

other indicators power baterry HDD wifi bluetooth etc all are ok.

SIM card was working perfectly.

still 051 error "no sim card on the system insert sim card and try again"

Thinkpadproblem
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,686
Message 5 of 5

I am now using a usb mobile bb, costs 50 bucks.

I had bought this crap for 2000 bucks.

Shame on Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors