cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bushi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,951
Message 1 of 14

Installing WWAN card in T470p getting - 1802 unauthorized network card is plugged in

1802 unauthorized network card is plugged in

hmm and the card it self is from lenovo??? is EM7455 4G not approved to work under a T470p??

got wrong part : https://support.lenovo.com/tr/da/solutions/acc100290

the card i got was for a T460

20170718_210034.jpg

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,933
Message 2 of 14

Re: Installing WWAN card in T470p getting - 1802 unauthorized network card is plugged in

Hello and welcome to the forum

Indeed, em7455 is Lenovo approved card for T470p. But according to the system parts list the FRU differs - 01AX746, it seems a new revision of the card. Anyway, both revisions have the same USB IDs that stored in the T470p' BIOS white list. So, if the card you have is Lenovo original (more clearly, Sierra OEM card for Lenovo), you shouldh't have gotten error 1802 in any case.

In order to specify the card, could you provide the characters from the 1802 error message, two groups of four characters via slash? For example, 1199/9079. FYI, these IDs belong em7455 for Lenovo.

Have you recieved the card from official Lenovo store?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Ronar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,922
Message 3 of 14

Re: Installing WWAN card in T470p getting - 1802 unauthorized network card is plugged in

Hi,

I had same problem in our T470s like your T470p with same WWAN adapter.

My solution was this:

1. I removed WiFi+BT and WLAN card and started the system without these cards.

2. I putted back WWAN card and started the system. 1802 error NOT displayed.

3. I putted back WiFi+BT card too, and tried to start system with two cards together.

System started without any errors and work as well.

Bushi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,898
Message 4 of 14

Seem i got the wrong card.

The card i got was for a T460

I check my dealer if i can return the wrong part.

The card i needed is this :

https://support.lenovo.com/tr/da/solutions/acc100362

Warranty

1 year – Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU)

• Announce date: 17 Jan 2017
  • Availability date: 24 Jan 2017

Hardware Compatibility

The ThinkPad EM7455 4G LTE Mobile Broadband is compatible with the following machines: 

• ThinkPad L570, T470/ T470p/ T470s, X270, L470, P51, P71, Yoga 370

Note: For the latest updates on the compatible systems, please refer to the Accessories Compatibility Guide.

Service Parts

• Description: A description of the product.
  • Geography: The geography where the product is available.
  • Marketing part number: The marketing part number is the part number used for purchasing the product.
  • Service part number (FRU): The service part number for the product or one of the product's components.

Description

Geography

Marketing part number

Replacement part number (FRU)

ThinkPad EM7455 4G LTE Mobile Broadband 

Worldwide

4XC0M95181   

01AX746

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,892
Message 5 of 14

Glad you are able to replace the card, Bushi. It's the best decision.

Unfortunately, this action will not allow to recognize the cause of error 1802 exactly. You could face another issues with old card, but error 1802 isn't explainable yet in this case.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Bushi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,837
Message 6 of 14

Got the right card home this time got it installed and the os boot up.

WAN_T470p.jpg

But it cant detect the simcard it say insert sim.

The sim is working - had it in a lenovo x1 yoga. windows 10 1607

Also installed this driver.

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/dk/da/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-T...

Running win 10 build 1703

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,829
Message 7 of 14

Is there an em7455 device in the Network adpaters category of the Device manager?
Does it work properly without errors (exclamation mark or something else)?
Did you insert the wwan card with AC charger and battery removed from the laptop?
Did you insert the sim card while the laptop was powered off completely, using Shift key (read the User Guide for help)?
Did you insert the sim card properly, according to the laptop User Guide?
Is there any entry in the OS Cellular settings?

Bushi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,810
Message 8 of 14

wan_lenovo.PNG

Is there an em7455 device in the Network adpaters category of the Device manager? YES
Does it work properly without errors (exclamation mark or something else)?  YES
Did you insert the wwan card with AC charger and battery removed from the laptop?  YES
Did you insert the sim card while the laptop was powered off completely, using Shift key (read the User Guide for help)? 

YES, Tried to plug off the battery for a while and then plug it back.
Did you insert the sim card properly, according to the laptop User Guide? Yes, followed this way https://support.lenovo.com/dk/da/solutions/ht104452

Is there any entry in the OS Cellular settings? What settings?

Advanced option give me these info

Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
Model: Sierra Wireless EM7455 Qualcomm
Firmware: SWI9X30C_02.20.03.00
Network type: GSM
Data class: UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE
IMEI: 014582005*****
Mobile number:

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,800
Message 9 of 14

Please, check out the sim reader pins in the slot, using the flashlight and magnifier. Unfortunately, those pins are breakable enough, there is a lot of cases in the forum regarding broken sim reader pins.

Also, BIOS/EC and laptop power circuits reset might help:
- remove the AC charger and battery, press the power button and hold it for 20...30 seconds, assemble the battery and AC charger, boot the laptop, enter the BIOS Setup, load and save default settings, apply the settings you need, save, exit. Check out the status of the sim card and modem.

If no avail:
- enter the BIOS Setup again, disable the Wireless WAN port in the Security, I/O Port Access menu, save the settings, boot
- reboot, enter the BIOS Setup, enable the Wireless WAN port, save, boot.

Some times EC remembers and caches previous status of the modem, and can't return from the lower power mode. Workaround above reset the modem.

If the efforts above will not help, further actions will need to test the modem configuration, its actual status using its AT port and appropriate commands.

Bushi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,784
Message 10 of 14

How do you perform the modem reset.?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors