cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayPete
What's DOS?
Location: GMT +1:00 (Central European Time, British Summer Time)
Views: 1,381
Message 1 of 5

Intel AntiTheft Technology for T510i

Hi all...

I have been looking at the Intel Anti-Theft technology for my T510i... but I am a little unclear as to what is actually required to activate it.

First of all I am interested in the Whole Disk Encryption option. How do I activate that? Should I be aware of anything now that I have both Windows 7, 64bit and Ubuntu installed. Do I have to pay extra for this service, since this doesn't rely on an online service.

Second I would like to know how to enable the Remote Disable and Destroy. Again, I am not sure how this works? Do I have to sign up for and pay for a specific service? Where do I do this if I want this option?

I have the operating systems installed and working, and I want to know if I can enable the whole disk encryption without reinstalling everything?

Thanks,

Jay

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,331
Message 2 of 5

Re: Intel AntiTheft Technology for T510i

Hello mate,

Intel provide the hardware part. For the software part you can use the one you want if it works with the Intel AntiTheft Technology.

Have a look there : http://antitheft.intel.com/get-service.aspx

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

JayPete
What's DOS?
Location: GMT +1:00 (Central European Time, British Summer Time)
Views: 1,328
Message 3 of 5

OK... So there isn't any software provided by Lenovo. That is what I thought.

My impression was that I could somehow enable it from within the lenovo software suite.

But I need a third party software package! 

Thanks! Jay

erik_h
Punch Card
Views: 1,298
Message 4 of 5

Well, if you have bitlocker you can use that.  the intel chip will wok with bitlocker.   that pretty much makes your HDD crack proof if your pc is off.  there are some (limited) memory hacks but people have to be pretty darn motivated to try them.

JDay
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,261
Message 5 of 5

@erik_h wrote:

Well, if you have bitlocker you can use that.  the intel chip will wok with bitlocker.   that pretty much makes your HDD crack proof if your pc is off.  there are some (limited) memory hacks but people have to be pretty darn motivated to try them.

You can break in over firewire very easily since firewire has direct access to the physical memory space (disable in BIOS and make sure you use a BIOS password). This is possible over USB also, however it is not as simple. The default BitLocker settings are not the most secure either (you should at least turn on the TPM PIN option).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors