Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirzadeh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,784
Message 1 of 4

Intel Turbo Memory on T500

Hi all,

So i have got the 2GB module Intel Turbo Memory on my T500 but I am not sure if it even works!! Also I have noticed that there is apparently this software called "Intel Dashboard" which you can use to pin your softwares in ... But the problem is that this software is not installed on my laptop nor can I find it anywhere online!!! what should I do ?

Thanks 

=================================================================
Lenovo T500 - T9400 2.53 GHz - 2GB PC3-8500 1066 MHz - ATI Radeon HD 3650 256 MB - WXGA W/LED - 160 GB 7200 RPM - 2GB Turbo Memory
lenardg
802.11n
Views: 3,777
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intel Turbo Memory on T500

If you are using the default installation your Turbo Memory should already be in use. You can turn it off or change what it is used for in the utility you should find in the Programs menu (as I am not typing this on my T500 I am not sure under what name it is, should be something like Intel Turbo Memory). But you probably don't need to change any of the settings.

By default it should be set to use both ReadyDrive and ReadyBoost. I have it left on this setting.

Many people argue if it has any use at all - I think it does become useful to speed up things. 

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52, X1 Yoga (1st gen) | YOGA C630 WOS
mirzadeh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,771
Message 3 of 4

I actually have a software already installed named "Intel Turbo Memory Consoul" and it seems that everything is activated and that, hopefully, it will increase the overall speed.

However, the point is that it seems that there is this software "Intel Turbo Memory Dashborad" which you may use to actually "Pin" your program manually! Unfortunately I can not find any url to get this software online! 

Lenovo T500 - T9400 2.53 GHz - 2GB PC3-8500 1066 MHz - ATI Radeon HD 3650 256 MB - WXGA W/LED - 160 GB 7200 RPM - 2GB Turbo Memory
ojisan
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,733
Message 4 of 4

IIRC, to activate the user pinning modus including dash board and sidebar gagdet, you have to install the turbo memory console with the option "-UP".
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=296154

Unfortunately it did not work for me in the end, it said "no compatible hardware found" or something. So I switched back to normal Ready Boost mode.
--
T430S

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors