cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parampampam
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 1 of 2

International warranty: send back to country of purchase and possibility of temporary replacement?

Hi
The fan of my less-than-half-a-year-old T470 suddenly began to emit strange noise and I went to a local service provider in CA. My laptop was bought in Russia with a 3-year international warranty. The service provider told me that he might have to send it back to Russia, and they will consult with Lenovo within a week. That is a huge surprise for me, as shipping it back and forth might take a long time. Can I somehow request to repair my laptop inside the US and is there any opportunity to claim a temporary replacement for the time the laptop is being repaired?
Thanks

CrypticLottery
Token Ring
Views: 191
Message 2 of 2

Re: International warranty: send back to country of purchase and possibility of temporary replaceme

You should call Lenovo's hardware desk in the country that you are currently in and see what they say. Local service providers are independent companies who are just partnered with Lenovo to repair Lenovo equipment, usually for their own customers - meaning they might not be best situtated to deal with walk-ins. I mean, the one you went to doesn't seem to be able to assist you in this partictular case.

Visit https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/iwslookupthink and find the Lenovo number you need to call, from the country that you're in and the agent will help you find the best repair option available for your level of warranty (on-site versus depot)

Good luck!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors