11-06-2008

USA

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 2

Internet connectivity Problems with Intel 5100

2008-11-06, 5:38 AM

So let's start at the beginning.  Whenever I recieved my T400 a couple of days ago, I immediatly could not get the network card to work correctly.  By that, I mean I could not connect to the internet through my wireless network.  After some snooping around on this site and the internet, I discovered that the ThinkVantage software could be to blame. I unistalled the ThinkVantage software, and updated to Intel's latest driver.  This helped;  I can atleast get on the internet now.  However, it is very shoddy.  Whenever I am connected, I am fine.  Getting connected is sometimes the problem.  Generally, whenever the system boots, I only have a "Local" network connection.  After a series of Window's diagnostic  runs, I can usually get it to connect to the internet.  A couple of times, just letting the computer sit for a while will get it to connect.  

To add to the problem, most of time after the computer awakes from sleep mode, the internet connection is gone.  

I love the laptop except for the wireless problem.  Please help. Thanks. 

Options

2 Posts

11-06-2008

USA

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Internet connectivity Problems with Intel 5100

2008-11-06, 5:53 AM
Also, the internet connection cuts out while I am browsing.  What is strange is, the little globe on the network connection will go away.  Whenever I run a diagnostic, it pings out just fine and the little globe pops back up.  However, whenever I try and go to a webpage, nothing happens, I get an error saying the server is down, and the little globe goes away.  I may run this cycle 3 or 4 times before the internet acutally comes back on.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete