cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cordo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,692
Message 1 of 32

Is 3yr depot warranty (for $119 additional) also eligible in europe? (switzerland and germany?

i have configured a t400 setup and there is a 1yr depot warranty included.

if I extend thi to a  3yr warranty for $119, is it an international service for europe also (especially germany and switzerland?)

thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,671
Message 2 of 32

Re: Is 3yr depot warranty (for $119 additional) also eligible in europe? (switzerland and germany?

Hi cordo,

Welcome to the forum!

On the configuration page you're given a 4 letter machine type, insert that number in the following page to check to check international warranty:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=look-iws

Hope it answers your question.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

cordo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,658
Message 3 of 32

Re: Is 3yr depot warranty (for $119 additional) also eligible in europe? (switzerland and germany?

thanks for the welcome.

i have checked that already. this is the information i have:

7417: 1 Year Depot Warranty - TopSeller   (is it the 7417 number?)  i have checked but it only shows the telephone numbers for the various countries - not if the warranty service is fully given in those countries

and:  this is given when i book 3 years:

41C9170 3YR Depot $119.00

but what does this mean for the international warranty? is it for the same machine type (7417) 3 years international warranty? could you check for me please, because based on this information i will buy or not buy

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,652
Message 4 of 32

Apparently the page does say:-

'Below is a list of countries where your IWS-eligible IBM product is sold and serviced. Use the phone number listed to contact an approved service provider.'

In other words, in the given countries eligible thinkpads i.e. with International Warranty Service is given warranty/repaired etc. 

They machine type is the key which remains the same no matter which type of warranty you add to it.

Hope it helps.

Kudos!
Visit my YouTube Channel

cordo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,643
Message 5 of 32

thank you. that is very concise information.

is there any official information on the lenovo websites though which would prove that in this case I would clearly have 3 years of international warranty in europe with a t400 (7417).

the reason why I am pointing so hard on this is that I will invest more than $1200. In case there is no 3 years of international warranty, the laptop is worthless to me.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,628
Message 6 of 32

I understand your concern. I'm not sure whether this information is put up anywhere online but you can certainly call lenovo sales in the US to confirm it.

Also I suggest checking following posts by lenovo employee Mark about international warranty:- 

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Mark-s-Advice-About-International-Warranty-Services/td-p/44...

http://lenovoblogs.com/connections/?p=14

Hope it helps.

Kudos!
Visit my YouTube Channel

cordo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,620
Message 7 of 32

thank you!
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,565
Message 8 of 32

any countries listed in the page you see, is the country that the laptop warranty will be covered. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
cordo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,502
Message 9 of 32

how is the computer on warranty to be identified if i book 3 years depot services.

do i have to carry around with me the receipt/bill/invoice  or  is the serial number registered with lenovo.

is the serial number only on the invoice? (i will not be able to keep some paperwork alive for 3 years, i will travel a lot)

thank you

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,492
Message 10 of 32

each laptop have a distinct Model number and serial number combination, no two is alike, so this is your receipt and proof of purchase. This is also why Thinkpad laptop warranty starts the day it ships out of factory. However, in certain country i.e. BRIC countries, where there is lot of grey import (reduced tariff) of electronics, in order to obtain international warranty you must have passport and proof of purchase to obtain purchase. 

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-58926#lkiws

the special terms and conditions for the international warranty can be viewed in the above link. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors