cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaseyL
What's DOS?
Views: 2,032
Message 1 of 4

Is Bluetooth standard on the Lenovo T420?

Hello,

I purchased my Lenovo T420 four years ago and no longer have the documentation or order slips. I cannot remember if Bluetooth was a standard feature or an add on; some Google searching seems to suggest that it is standard on all T420 laptops.

In any case, I can't get it to work. Pressing Fn+F5 only shows "802.11 Wireless Radio".

I have updated my BIOS and checked that Bluetooth is Enabled under Security > I/O Port Access.

When I try to install the Bluetooth software and driver I get the error "No Bluetooth device was detected".

I can't find any more solutions on Google...please assist?

Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,022
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is Bluetooth standard on the Lenovo T420?

Hello and welcome,

If your machine wasn't a CTO (configure to order) you should be able to get the specs here.  Go to SUPPORT (above) then click Search by Machine Type Model  ( <---or just click here) and enter your MT-M (something like 1234-xyz).

As you can see from ThinkPad Notebooks; 2005 to 2013 (withdrawn models)  not all T420 models had BT.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

CaseyL
What's DOS?
Views: 2,015
Message 3 of 4

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks so much. My machine type was 4177-CTO (configure to order), and I don't imagine I would have paid for Bluetooth if it was an extra feature as I didn't own any Bluetooth devices four years ago.

Appreciate the quick reply!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,002
Message 4 of 4

You should be able to get specific parts details here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup

Enter your serial number.  Please don't post your S/N here.  The BT daughter card in my T420  is FRU 60Y3271.

Sorry, I should have included this in my first post.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors