Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobweisman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,103
Message 1 of 4

Is i7 chip coming to T400S?

When will Lenovo upgrade the T400S with the new i7 chip? Any advice would be appreciated.

I am trying to decide if I should buy several of these for my employees or wait a bit until the i7 is available.Not used for gaming, just business only.

Highlighted
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,078
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is i7 chip coming to T400S?

unless the motherboard on the T400s can use i7 chips, then you would have to wait for the upcoming model, since there would no motherboard change within a model cycle.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 1,063
Message 3 of 4

bobweisman - welcome to the forum!

lenovo's policy prohibits discussing unannounced/unreleased products.   because of this, no one will be able to give you any specifics.

with that said, business apps will run equally well on the processors offered today just as they will on anything upcoming.   microsoft office, for example, doesn't strain the CPU whatsoever.   you'll see a much greater ROI by configuring your systems with SSDs versus processors.   storage devices are by far the largest bottleneck in systems.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

cassio
Token Ring
Views: 1,047
Message 4 of 4

i doubt it, because the t400s's form factor doesn't allow cpu's with that level of heat dissipation. 

----------------------------
T400s - 2815RW1 + Win7 Ultimate Smiley Very Happy
Don't pm me for help! That's what the forum is for. Also, Google's nicer than me. Ask him.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors