Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jane123
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 1 of 3

Is it Power or motherboard probem?

Hi All,

A few days  ago I had a problem on  my laptop (ThinkPad T500). When I press the power button, the machine tries to start without a single line of text on LCD and then  stops. The only light that shows is the "Z" marked LED. The hard disk seems to be spinning.  If I press the power button again, the hard disk stops but light is still on. On the next day when I tried to open it the battery was empty(was full). I recharged it to full capacity. Still the probelm is there. Again the next day the same thnig happend and the battery is empty.  At this time I asssumed the the computer is dead(finished).  However, after a few days, I tried to use the laptop using the docking station and worked fine. It was a mistery for me! I tried to shutdown and start it again several times and was fine. On the next day I could not start it.

Can anybody suggest me what the probelm is?

Thanks

Jane

Former Employee
Views: 164
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is it Power or motherboard probem?

hey Jane123,

it could be a possibility that the battery might be faulty.

try starting the unit without docking station and without the battery; just have the power adapter connected to it. can the unit start ?

then place back the battery (no docking station) + power adapter = does the unit start ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
fjane
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is it Power or motherboard probem?

it could be a possibility that the battery might be faulty.

try starting the unit without docking station and without the battery; just have the power adapter connected to it. can the unit start ?

then place back the battery (no docking station) + power adapter = does the unit start ?

Thank you for getting back to me.

I tried all options but it did not work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors