cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheToon
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 1 of 2

Is there a max r/w speed for SSDs in my T470?

I searched Intel's datasheets for my i7-6600u, where I found that the DDR4 RAM is capped at 2133 MHz, but I couldn't find out of there is a cap for any M.2 SSD speeds. Would I be able to install the latest Samsung SSD for example? Or do I need to be selective?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 156
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is there a max r/w speed for SSDs in my T470?

A PCIe m.2 SSD in the primary slot is only served by two lanes, so max speed is around 1700MB/s.  A SATA m.2 in the WWAN slot will max out at around 500MB/s.

There are always chances for specific incompatibilities, but I'd expect that if the slot's and SSD's form factors and interfaces match - 2280/PCIe in the main slot and 2242/SATA in the WWAN slot - you should be OK.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors