Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

99 Posts

09-20-2010

Italy

187 Signins

830 Page Views

• Views: 830
  • Message 1 of 6

Issues with my ThinkPad T510. (VID)

2011-08-23, 23:56 PM

Made a video illustrating what is wrong with my ThinkPad T510.  Any help is appreciated! :smileyhappy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAG3RB7-L3Y

Options

2484 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Issues with my ThinkPad T510. (VID)

2011-09-05, 7:01 AM

hey There1,

for your video issue try uninstalling the graphic drivers for you unit. let Win 7 install its own generic driver.

see if this makes any difference. after that, visit our support site and download the latest Graphic driver for you unit. Install and try again.

as for the other issues, i'm checking with my colleagues

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Options

1022 Posts

01-07-2011

Sacramento, CA

550 Signins

8462 Page Views

• Views: 8462
  • Message 3 of 6

2011-09-10, 6:43 AM

The cutout on the palm rest is normal since it is the same palm rest that the W-series ThinkPads use. It is there for the color sensor on the W-series. The video problem is most likely due to something being messed up on your system (malware, bad drivers, outdated flash player, viruses). How do I know this? Well you said yourself it was working fine for several months. Run Malwarebytes on your system and see how much stuff it finds, make sure you are running an anti-virus that is up to date to (the included Norton was only a trial version). There are plenty of free anti-virus programs on the web. I suggest trying Microsoft Security Essentials, just be sure to remove the trial of Norton before installing.

Options

99 Posts

09-20-2010

Italy

187 Signins

830 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2011-09-10, 20:52 PM

wrote:

hey There1,

for your video issue try uninstalling the graphic drivers for you unit. let Win 7 install its own generic driver.

see if this makes any difference. after that, visit our support site and download the latest Graphic driver for you unit. Install and try again.

as for the other issues, i'm checking with my colleagues

I already uninstalled my graphics driver and installed the latest nvidia one for my laptop, nothing changed.  I'm not quite sure what you mean when you said "let Windows 7 install its own generic driver".  What do you mean exactly?

Options

99 Posts

09-20-2010

Italy

187 Signins

830 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2011-09-10, 21:03 PM

wrote:

The cutout on the palm rest is normal since it is the same palm rest that the W-series ThinkPads use. It is there for the color sensor on the W-series. The video problem is most likely due to something being messed up on your system (malware, bad drivers, outdated flash player, viruses). How do I know this? Well you said yourself it was working fine for several months. Run Malwarebytes on your system and see how much stuff it finds, make sure you are running an anti-virus that is up to date to (the included Norton was only a trial version). There are plenty of free anti-virus programs on the web. I suggest trying Microsoft Security Essentials, just be sure to remove the trial of Norton before installing.

Cutout:

How come I'm the only one who has one.   I've see reviews, unboxing etc. and seems like I'm the only one.  Wouldn't everyone who bought a T510 have one?  I'm confused, I mean why is it there it’s ugly and it's not like they even tell you there will be one, sneaky SOBs.  Didn't pay to have a cutout reminding me that my computer is similar to another one, smh.

Display gitches: 

I have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Admuncher and Microsoft's Security Essentials and have no threats.  It's either a hardware or software issues that isn't related to a virus or anything like that.

Options

618 Posts

07-03-2009

Andorra

534 Signins

5552 Page Views

• Views: 5552
  • Message 6 of 6

2011-09-11, 15:08 PM

Get a temperature montoring program, like TPFancontrol, and see what the GPU temps are doing. This may be a temperature related failure.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms