Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stodge
Punch Card
Views: 3,709
Message 1 of 22

Just ordered a T500 for my wife!

I ordered a T500 for my wife last night - we're both so excited as it's the first laptop we've owned and probably the coolest computer we've had yet! 3-4 weeks delivery though, mostly due to choosing the DVD writer. But we'll TRY to be patient! Smiley Happy
LukeD
Token Ring
Views: 3,707
Message 2 of 22

Re: Just ordered a T500 for my wife!

@stodge wrote:
I ordered a T500 for my wife last night - we're both so excited as it's the first laptop we've owned and probably the coolest computer we've had yet! 3-4 weeks delivery though, mostly due to choosing the DVD writer. But we'll TRY to be patient! Smiley Happy

Congratulations!

To Any Lenovo Representative,

Would you please tell us why Lenovo orders in Canada are delayed by 3-4 weeks for choosing a DVD writer? This has been going on since 2007, and it is ridiculous.

For this and other reasons, we now order ThinkPads from http://www.cdw.ca.

I encourage all Canadians to check this site out, as you can get your ThinkPad in a day, and you will save a few hundred dollars too!

Message Edited by LukeD on 09-19-2008 09:47 AM
MacBook Pro, with an aluminum unibody enclosure **As of September 15, 2008, our company has completely switched to Apple. Having used ThinkPad products for over 10 years, we had desperately tried to find just one reason to continue using these products, to no avail. We are of the view that ThinkPads are no longer premium products. We wish you the best of luck with your ThinkPad! Happy computing…**
stodge
Punch Card
Views: 3,675
Message 3 of 22

I think I checked out CDW but from memory they didn't have any T500s with 3Gb/250Gb, which I wanted. But I would also like to understand why there's such a long delay.

Thanks 

stodge
Punch Card
Views: 3,613
Message 4 of 22

I'm confused. I just logged into my account and check the order status page, but it's empty. What does that mean? Could someone at Lenovo double check this for me?

Thanks 

stodge
Punch Card
Views: 3,572
Message 5 of 22

Bump - anyone??
stodge
Punch Card
Views: 3,519
Message 6 of 22

Odd - my order status is still empty but I got an email saying the laptop has been shipped. It didn't include a tracking number - is that typical?
stodge
Punch Card
Views: 3,486
Message 7 of 22

I don't know if anyone is reading this, but here's the saga.

I checked my credit card statement online; the balance owing had increased by the cost of the laptop but the transaction wasn't listed. Odd. The order status wasn't showing in my Lenovo account. Odd.

Fast forward to this evening. I checked my credit card statement online again and the balance owing had decreased by the cost of the laptop and the transaction wasn't listed. Odd. The order status still isn't showing in my Lenovo account. Odd.

I did receive an email saying the laptop had been shipped two days ago. Odd.

I guess I'll have to call tomorrow to find out what's happening.

Did I already say that I find this all a tad odd?

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,480
Message 8 of 22

if you can't find the required information from Lenovo representative, then give Mark_Lenovo a private message, and ask him to lend a hand.
stodge
Punch Card
Views: 3,419
Message 9 of 22

I sent Mark a message last night, but I understand he may not be able to help.

Thanks 

stodge
Punch Card
Views: 3,402
Message 10 of 22

I called Lenovo and they said the laptop has been shipped via UPS, no tracking number. They also said the transaction went through on the credit card today so I'll check tonight. It's still odd that the order didn't appear in my account but I forgot to ask about that. Doh!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors