Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daleep
Not applicable
Views: 4,933
Message 1 of 5

Just recieved my t450s, keyboard back light doesn't work

I just got my t450s today and when i was just getting my anti virus setup, i noticed that my keyboard backlight wont turn on. i activated the fn key (esc + fn) and it shows that its on but when i click the space bar button the backlight just wont work. idk what it is. any one have the same thing?

zoltanthegypsy
Not applicable
Views: 4,903
Message 2 of 5

Re: Just recieved my t450s, keyboard back light doesn't work

Hello and welcome,

Just to double check, what's your MT-M?  There are a few T450s models (US I think) that don't have backlit keyboards.  One example:  20BX0015US

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

bdasnachos
Not applicable
Views: 4,849
Message 3 of 5

Hello, do you know where one can check if their model DOES have a backlit keyboard?

My machine's model is 20BXCTO1WW. I just recieved my machine and vaguely recall having a backlight keyboard. I've been trying to turn it on (using FN+Spacebar) but it never occurred to me that I may not have had that capability in the first place. Any information would be much appreciated... thanks!

zoltanthegypsy
Not applicable
Views: 4,842
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I suspect from the CTO in your MT-M that it was a configure-to-order machine.  Did you specify options at the time of order?  It doesn't show up in the MT-M search in SUPPORT above.

If it's a CTO machine you'll have to find the original order specs to determine the exact configuration.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Daleep
Not applicable
Views: 4,829
Message 5 of 5

Hey thanks for the reply guys but I realized I ordered one without a backlight. I assumed it came with one. Sorry for the confusion

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors