Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheDsigner
Blue Screen Again
Views: 227
Message 1 of 2

Keyboard + Keypad + External USB Non Responsive after reboot - T400

Hello everybody.  This is my first time posting here.

I have a T400 laptop that I bought used awhile ago. I upgraded the old HD that was in it to a Samsung SSD a few days ago.  I installed a licensed copy of Win7 Pro X64 and for the past few days its been running fine.  I just got around to installing an extra licensed version of Kaspersky AV onto the system and once it finished was prompted to initiate a reboot.  This is where things went wrong.  Upon booting back into Windows 7 and getting to the login screen my built in keyboard and trackpad were unresponsive.  I plugged in a wireless USB logitech keyboard and mouse combo I was using with another laptop and that too was unresponsive.  Here is a list of what i've tried...

When my controls work:

• In the BIOS or outside of my main OS install
  • When booting into the windows setup disc/usb I have full keyboard and mouse functions

When I don't have control:

• When booting into my main OS at login screen
  • When booting in Windows Safe Mode of main OS

Does anyone have an idea of whats going on?  I've never seen this before and I of course really don't want to have to reformat my system to fix this.  Thanks for any recommendations!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 194
Message 2 of 2

Re: Keyboard + Keypad + External USB Non Responsive after reboot - T400

can you boot into safe mode and uninstall Kaspersky?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors