Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMachado
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 1 of 2

Keyboard Not Working from Lenovo ThinkPad T470 - Some questions

Hello.

I am looking to buy new keyboard for my work laptop. I spill little bit of water and the day after some keys are always pressing preventing me using the laptop. I had to uninstall keyboard driver and connect a peripheral to be able to work. 

Some questions:

-Can i request new keyboard with PT layout from Lenovo itself? If so, how? I didnt find anything on the site shop.

-If i buy from internet, what do i need to know exactly, about spectification of the keyboard, to make sure i buy the compatible one?

-Is there any change that lenovo have some shop or shop partners, in my country, where i can request keyboard in person?

I am hope, it was understandable, i am trying to improve my english. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 42
Message 2 of 2

Re: Keyboard Not Working from Lenovo ThinkPad T470 - Some questions

Hi DMachado.

Thanks for reaching us in our community forums.

Sorry about what happened, you may call our part sales team for further assistance on how you can purchase a new keyboard. You may call them here:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/migr-50319

We checked the model of your laptop and can see that there are variant models, and to make sure we are giving the correct part number for the keyboard, we need the exact model number of the device. Could you send us the exact model number of the device? The part number starts with the following (20HD, 20HE, 20JM, 20JN).

We also suggest to have the device checked by a technician to make sure that no other hardware component that got affected by the water spill. You may visit our authorized service for further diagnosis or repair options. Here's the list our service centers (filter by country or city) https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678

Keep us posted.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors