Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wantathinkpad
Blue Screen Again
Views: 64
Message 1 of 2

Keyboard registering 2 entries when pressed. Can't log in

Hello,

so my T440s keyboard is registering two entries instead of one or even the wrong entry for at least these letters and numbers on the left side of the keyboard  S,D,E,2,&3.  The problem is now I can't login to my keyboard as some of the letters are part of my password.

I went and bought a cheap keyboard at Target and it does not register when I plug it in. I don't know what to do.

I tried backspacing each time I see a double letter but it still says wrong password which makes me wonder if it is registering two different letters/numbers also.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 45
Message 2 of 2

Re: Keyboard registering 2 entries when pressed. Can't log in

Are you talking about a power-on password or the windows password?  If it is a power-on PW, the problem is probably the keyboard.  The only fix is to replace the keyboard.  If it is the windows PW, try to get into the BIOS and see if the keyboard works there.  The way I do it is to go to security/passwords/power-on password.  You need to enter the PW twice to verify.  DON'T TYPE ANYTHING TWICE. TYPE ONCE AND HIT ESC.  I type the letters that are not working and see if each generates two characters.  You cannot see the typed letters, but you can see how many there are.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors