Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cathbertpk1987
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,082
Message 1 of 4

LENOVO T450S FAILED TO POWER ON

Hello guys. 

My ThinkPad 450S was all working fine until I switched it off last night before going to sleep. On wake-up I tried to switch it on and find it not responding. I tried to plug the power adapter only to find it not responding too (normally on plugging the power adapter, the red light on lid's ThinkPad flashes and the green light on the power buttom also flashes). This morning they were all dormant when I plug in the power adapter. Before I switched it off, the batteries were full (100%) as it has two batteries internal and external one. I didn't try to open it or do anything about it, may be this evening. 

What might be the problem and possible solution to it? 

Please help me out. 

Regards, 

Cathbert. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,051
Message 2 of 4

Re: LENOVO T450S FAILED TO POWER ON

Push a straightened paper clip lightly into the emergency reset hole on the base cover.  (under the touchpad near the lower middle)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
cathbertpk1987
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,020
Message 3 of 4

Thank you @Richk , your solution worked out perfectly. I didn't even notice that emergency reset hole before, so I learned big time.
Be blessed.
EBTECH
Paper Tape
Views: 174
Message 4 of 4

I keep having to push on the emergecy reset button after having it off for a day to power it on.

I have replaced the CMOS battery. Should I replace the internal battery or the motherboard? Or could it be the CMOS battery I replaced is bad?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors