Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cathbertpk1987
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,633
Message 1 of 5

LENOVO THINKPAD 450s WON'T DETECT A SIM CARD

Hello Guys. 

I'm running on ThinkPad T450s. I've tried to install a SIM card in its tray with no detection at all. After going through google, Wireless WAN, Ericsson® N5321 and Wireless WAN, Sierra Wireless EM7345  came into my attention. 

1. I went to my Device Manager where I found non of the adapters installed. Is it possible for them to be installed without being displayed on Device Manager? 
  2. I've seen some suggestion to replace the current Wi-Fi adapter with Sierra Wireless EM7345. My concern is if I'll be in position to access Wi-Fi after its adapter being replaced with this Wireless WWAN adapter. Are these Wireless WWAN adapters provide access to Wi-Fi? 
  3. Most of the Wireless WWAN adapters I've gone through eBay works with X230s X240 W540 T440P T440S W540; will these works well with this T450s of mine?

Thanks in advance. 

Regards, 

Cathbert. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,625
Message 2 of 5

Re: LENOVO THINKPAD 450s WON'T DETECT A SIM CARD

Hi

Most likely the wwan card isn't installed in the laptop. Provide, please, its MTM code (it starts with 20BW or 20BX) to check out the factory configuration. If there are CTO symbols, send me laptop serial number via the forum private messages service.

Only Lenovo approved wwan cards for T450s will work in the laptop, with appropriate service p/n (FRU).

The wwan card will not work in the wlan slot, it even can't be fitted there. Of course, modern built-in wwan cards don't support wifi capabilities.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

cathbertpk1987
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,617
Message 3 of 5

Machine Type 20BW.
I'm sending you with the laptop serial numbers via the forum private messages service too.

Thanks.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,612
Message 4 of 5

There isn't a wwan card in the factory configuration, while the wwan antennas kit is there.

So, you might purchase and install the wwan card yourself:
Ericsson N5321 HSPA+ 21Mbps M.2 - FRU 04W3842
Sierra EM7345 LTE/HSPA+ 42Mbps M.2 - FRU 04X6014

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Linkpay
What's DOS?
Views: 2,078
Message 5 of 5

There is a common misconception that software named lenovo access communications (or something like that) is needed to operate the wwan card, and does not work on windows 8 or 10.  However you do not need this software, windows will work the cellular data by itself if you look though the internet settings.  ALso, if you're having sim card issues with it saying its not detected, check its inserted properly (might be the wrong way around).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors