Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keno123
Paper Tape
Views: 270
Message 1 of 4

Lancom VPN-client does not work with mobile web - T570, L570, T470

Hello,
my Lancom VPN-Client doesn't work with mobile web on the newer series of Lenovo notebooks.

The client connect correctly with the network of the company, but it doesn't work and after some time the internetconnection drops. It's only with mobile web, with wifi the VPN connection works.
I tried a working VPN-profile and sim card - doesn't work. But when i try the sim-card and the VPN-profile on an older notebook (T520) it works. Therefore i can say, there is a problem with the notebooks or to be precise with the LTE-modules.
Has anyone ideas or the same problem?
Thanks

bsnippe
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lancom VPN-client does not work with mobile web - T570, L570, T470

Hi,

I do have a very similar problem with several L570 notebooks, using the Sophos IPSec Client.

Connecting over WiFi and LAN: everything is fine. Connecting over mobile broadband, the VPN connection gets established, but soon after, it drops out, stating that it has lost connection to the internet.

Using pings to public internet addresses, it's evident that as soon as the VPN gets established, any reply from the public internet stops - in fact, every connection (VPN and non-VPN) stops working. According to the routing table (split DNS is configured correctly), the default gateway hasn't changed.

I tried several SIM cards and VPN profiles that work flawlessly in other (older) Lenovo laptops (also using the same Sophos IPSec Client software). The only relevant difference (hardware-wise) I can pinpoint is the "Fibocom L831-EAU" mobile broadband modem; the older notebook models are using a Sierra modem.

Did you ever find a solution to this, keno123?

keno123
Paper Tape
Views: 189
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

an update of the Lancom VPN Client solved the problem.

Maybe you may check if there is  a new update or a newer version of the client.

Hopfully i could help you.

bsnippe
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 4 of 4

Hi keno123,

thanks for your reply.

I was already using the most up-to-date version of the Sophos IPSec client, but I'm also posting my problem to the Sophos forums now - I hope they can come up with a solution in a new version, too.

Maybe I should try to contact Lancom and see if they can tell me what caused the problem in their VPN client.

Regards,

Björn

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors