cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adi242
What's DOS?
Views: 230
Message 1 of 4

Latpop Keeps beeping every second after water spill on keyboard- Lenovo Thinkpad T480

Yesterday, I accidently droped just little water on the keyboard. It remained working for a while before the whole keyboard froze and stopped working at all, the strange thing was the beeping that the laptop keeps doing on one second interval, it does not stop beeping unless you press the shut down.

The strange thing is that the laptop all working except the keyboard, and this beeping every second that never stops. It is like a blood rate device voice that you hear at the ICU if you are sitting beside a patient.

My question is there a way to avoid replacing the keyboard as it seems it is a keyboard issue if I am not wrong? Or should I try to open it and dry it in some way then connect it again and see if this beeps goes and if the keyboard returns to life again?

Thank you for the help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 210
Message 2 of 4

Re: Latpop Keeps beeping every second after water spill on keyboard- Lenovo Thinkpad T480

I cannot be sure without seeing it, but it really sounds like the keyboard has a short.  If that is the case, it needs to be replaced

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JimBobMC
802.11n
Views: 182
Message 3 of 4

Re: Latpop Keeps beeping every second after water spill on keyboard- Lenovo Thinkpad T480

If it was just water and not soda or beer ....

You could try blowing out/off/under the keys of the keyboard with lots compressed air and then

putting it in a just SLIGHTLY warm oven with the lid open a bit and let it set maybe over night ...

Don't leave the oven ON,  just warm it to ~100 degrees F then put laptop in it...

Water might evaporate and leave things good again...

If not the HMM (Hardware Maint. Manual) will tell you how to replace the KB...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an ”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a Kudo
~~
Some years back I worked for IBM, currently I do not work for,
nor do I speak for Lenovo or IBM.
Kernel-7
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 4 of 4

I spilled some beer on mine, took a can of compressed air and blew it out. Or reverse the hose on your vacuum and blow it out. It worked for mine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors