cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 13,538

Question

For the newer models of ThinkPad there is a new feature called "AutoLock" wihch uses the laptop's camera to detect if anyone is sitting in front of the laptop.

The list below are systems which support the AutoLock function. Do note that AutoLock will not work if you do not have a webcam on your laptop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Software name      Lenovo AutoLock

Support models     
ThinkPad L420, L421 ThinkPad L520 ThinkPad T420, T420i, T420s, T420si ThinkPad T520, T520i ThinkPad W520 ThinkPad X1 ThinkPad X121e ThinkPad X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet ThinkPad Edge E120, E125 ThinkPad Edge E220s ThinkPad Edge E320, E325 ThinkPad Edge E420, E420s, E425 ThinkPad Edge E520, E525 ThinkCentre Edge 91z Operating Systems Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models support which Operating Systems. Version 1.04 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer

Follow steps provided below to enable AutoLock on the laptop.

1. Click Start
  2. Go to Control Panel
  3. Select Lenovo - Camera-enhanced security
    control.JPG

4. Tick "Automatically lock my computer when the camera detects that no one is using the computer.
    Autolock.JPG

5. Ensure that you can see a "Green circle" at the camera image, if there is no "Green Circle" at the camera image area, do tilt the screen till you can see yourself in the camera image area. Once you can see yourself, press optimize detection then you should be able to see a "Green circle" around your face.
  6. Set the timeout timers and once its done then press Close to save the settings

Was this information helpful?

Contributors