Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenovoUser8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,011
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Bitlocker not Accepting Password - 3 Computers

Hello everyone,

I purchased a T440s about a year ago. Long story short, I was not able to log into my computer using my bitlocker password (recovery key still worked). After about 3 months of going back and forth with Lenovo (absolutly terrible customer service experience) I recieved a new computer, a T450s. I assumed the original computer had a motherboard issue or something and thought my problem was solved.

Fast forward another 4 months and another of my computers, another T-450s, is having the same issue - bitlocker will not accept the password. The problem is intermittant so I have been using the recovery key to login when needed. This computer is a month past it's warranty so I'm sure I won't get any help from Lenovo.

So another month goes by and a third computer is having the same issue! This laptop is an E450. So my question is what the heck is going on with Bitlocker and Lenovo computers??? I have seven Lenovo's that I use for my business and am worried that I'm going to have to switch them all out over the next few year becuase of this issue. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? All of these computers were purchased within 1 year of each other so did Lenovo use some cheap motherboards for period of time? For reference these were all purchased in 2014-2015.

Any insight anyone can provide would be very much appreciated. Has anyone had any luck with other business quality computers using Bitlocker? Dell maybe?

Moderator Note: Edited per forum rules. Community Rules.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors