Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhbailey
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 390
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Operating System Disc for Windows 7 not bootable

When I received my T470, initialized it, I created the Windows 7 Rescue Disc and the 4-disk Lenovo Recovery Set.  When I later tried to run off the battery, it would not boot.  I discovered elsewhere on this forum that this happens when Wake On Lan is disabled in BIOS (which I had done).  However, a side effect of this was that the machine would not boot after this because the EFI and/or MBR was mangled.  After repairing this by booting up with the Windows 7 Rescue Disc, I eventually learned about the BIOS problem, but only aftering going through this cycle several times.  I enabled Wake On Lan in the BIOS.  So it seemed fine.  Then the Windows 7 Rescue Disc would not work because it could not find the system drive (256G NVME), nor could another one be recreated using recdisc.exe, which gives the error "The parameter is not correct (0x80070057)".  The recovery discs will not work either.

So I contacted Lenovo and was shipped the Lenovo 2 disc Recovery Media for Windows 7 and the Lenovo Operating System Recovery Disc Windows 7.  The Recovery disc is not bootable.  If I try to boot from it, the error is:  "CDBOOT: couldn't find BOOTMGR".  There is neither an EFI nor a BOOTMGR or any BOOT files at the root of that DVD. 

How can this disc be made bootable, or have I just been sent something that was incorrectly created and configured by Lenovo?

mhbailey
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 346
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Operating System Disc for Windows 7 not bootable

For my T470 I requested and received from Lenovo an Operating System Recovery Disc Windows 7. The Lenovo part number for this non-bootable Operating System Recovery Disc Windows 7  is P/N SR30L91063.

It contains about 5.93G of data. Problem is, the disc is not bootable. It does not have any BOOT files at the root of it.

Has anyone dealt with this and resolved how to create a bootable Rescue Disk out of it or exactly what to ask for from Lenovo? It's not useful as is.

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate has been merged with your exisiting thread. Thanks ! 

Mod's Edit: Updated Subject line after merge.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors