Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWall
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 476
Message 1 of 13

Lenovo Recovery to Flash Drive

I want to do a fresh install to a new SSD from my Lenovo Recovery but I get that message that I can only make one copy. Is there anyway to make another copy so I can do a fresh install?

I also want to make another copy to a flash drive so that I can have a backup incase something goes wrong.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 462
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenovo Recovery to Flash Drive

NO

You only need one set of media. You can duplicated them as well. So you only need one recovery set.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

JWall
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 443
Message 3 of 13

I need more than one copy incase I have to restore my laptop or move to a new SSD.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 436
Message 4 of 13

JWall,

I'm not sure we understand what you mean here.  What was the first copy?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JWall
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 432
Message 5 of 13

Capture.PNG

When I try to copy my recovery partition onto a flash drive it says that I can only do this once so I was wondering if there was another way to get it on my flash drive.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 430
Message 6 of 13

Did you already do it once?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JWall
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 427
Message 7 of 13

Yes. I know I can only do it once I was just wondering if there was any way around this so I can back up my factory settings to my flash drive. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 424
Message 8 of 13

May I ask one more time:  what was the first time?

What have you already done?  What media have you already created?

Z.

JWall
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 410
Message 9 of 13

Ok. Lenovo provides a recovery partition so that on boot you can restore the laptop to factory settings. They allow to to copy this recovery to a flash drive or disc so that you can boot from those if something goes wrong with your computer. I have copied the recovery to a flash drive once to restore the computer. I didn't know at the time that I could only do this once so I deleted the recovery off of the flash drive. I now want to copy the recovery again to a flash drive so that I can have a back up incase something goes wrong. Since I can only make one copy I am wondering if there is another way to get the recovery on a flash drive.

JWall
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 406
Message 10 of 13

Would it be possible to clone the recovery partition and put it on the new SSD?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors