Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
babypenguin
Punch Card
Views: 1,472
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Refused to Price Match t520 because the new configuration is BETTER

I ordered t520 last Monday from Lenovo SPP, upgraded to 500 GB hard drive, but kept 2GB memory (to save money by purchasing more memory from newegg). It was shipped yesterday.

Today, Lenovo SPP offers coupon code USX5THINK0328 with 5% off, free upgrade to 4GB of memory and 500 GB of hard disk. So I did a quote with basic 2GB memory and 250GB of hard disk (but with the coupon it is actually 4GB memory and 500GB hard drive), which is ~$50 less than my order. I called lenovo asking for a price match. But the representative refused me because the new quote has a better memory (4GB) than my order (2GB), they can only price match to exactly same configuration. Even talked to a manager, same answer and not lucky either.

I felt this policy asking for exactly same configuration is stupid at least for my specific situation. If I could upgrade my memory at the beginning, my order would have been price matched to a same lower price and even with more memory!

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,420
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Refused to Price Match t520 because the new configuration is BETTER

Lenovo only price match a computer with the exact same configuration, this is their policy. Unless someone from higher up intervenes then you are unlikely to get the price differences back.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors