Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpr12
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Singapore Support stinks

Last week i brought my 2.5 yrs old T440 to Lenovo Bugis suppt center to replace a cracked LCD back cover (one fine day i noticed a crack along the righthand side hinge and after opening, the cover was hard to close & open!). I had a queue tkt that said waiting tme approx 5 mins, but it took 20 mins for the front desk asst to call me. He rightly said the warranty had expired and they need to charge me $50 (+gst) to assess how much it would cost to fix it. When i asked what they want to assess as the laptop was working fine, he said in that case i should pay $30 - to source for the broken part and only after that they can tell how much would the total repair cost be! 

To me, it didn't make sense as they are the 'makers', but the guy started explaining the parts are made by 3rd party suppliers and and that's the process they hv to follow for 'older' models! Then another colleague of him came to explain, but he also couldn't tell me the rational for not able to tell me upfront the charge for replacing a 'highly visible' broken part!

They are cheats in my opinion!! I have been a ThinkPad user for nearly 20 years and never experienced such poor quality machines and bad service!!! Hell with Lenovo.

DONNIY
Paper Tape
Views: 138
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Singapore Support stinks

since your machine is already out of warranty, source it online for 3rd party and get it done. Im having hell with my Lenovo too.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors