Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanchoi2002
Not applicable
Views: 115
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo T-series (t430) boot issue after changing optical drive

Recently, my optical drive on my t430 broke. I had an old drive that I salvaged from an old HP laptop, and I replaced it with that. The drive works, But there is a small issue. My boot time got INCREDIBLY slow. Not the windows boot, the POST screen. It's stuck on the screen with the Lenovo logo for over two minutes. it eventually boots, and as far as i can tell, windows is fine. is there a way to fix this?

JDGillis
Not applicable
Views: 100
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo T-series (t430) boot issue after changing optical drive

I would suspect that the BIOS is simply having trouble detecting the new optical drive, so I would remove the optical drive and see if the problem goes away, and if so, make sure all the SATA connection to the optical drive are clean and solid.

You might also check the BIOS settings, but those probably did not change if you just installed new drive.

Cheers,

zoltanthegypsy
Not applicable
Views: 88
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo T-series (t430) boot issue after changing optical drive

It might also help to take the drive out of the boot order if it's included there.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors