Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User_B
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,510
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo T410 Network controller

Hi all

I have a running T410 for which I had to format the whole HDD and re-install windows 7 64 bit.

After re-install, I can't get the Network controller, PCI port, base system device, biometric processor, etc.to work.

Networ adapter is the crucial thing for me to connect the machine to internet for auto updates.

Machine can not find its driver. 

I tried to find the hardware version via: 'device manager/network controller/properties/details" but could not get any info.

What should I do?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,508
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo T410 Network controller

Hello and welcome,

If you mean the wired network controller, this should be the right one for Win 7:

Ethernet driver (Intel PRO/1000 LAN adapter software) for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad T410...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

User_B
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,504
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Thanks. I was referring to wireless one actually.

Any hint? I'll try both ways.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,501
Message 4 of 9

Use the wired connecton - and driver if you need it.  Download and install ThinkVantage System Update.  Run it and let it find the rest of the drivers.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t41...

If  you can't use a wired connection, get the device IDs from Device Manager, <wifi controller>, properties and post them here.  We can probably figure out which card you have from that.  Another approach is to use your MT-M (like 1234-xyz) and look up your machine specs and/or parts list.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

User_B
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,483
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. The wired LAN is now working, but wireless is not.

I installed these network adapters, which are a mirror of the setup BEFORE I had to format the HDD:

INTEL 82577LM Gigabit network coinection

INTEL Centrino advanced N 6205

Micorsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter

Micorsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter #2

I do not see any errors (unknown device under 'device manager') any more.

I also installed lenovo access connection.

No the problem is that I can not see (find) any networks by using 'access connection'. It seems all is configured well, but not working.

What should I do?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,475
Message 6 of 9

Did you run ThinkVantage System Update as suggested?

Z.

User_B
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,468
Message 7 of 9

Hi,   Yes. I did run the 'system update' (version 5). It did not seem to cure the problem.   When trying to 'set up new connection', via wireless, the system fails. The diagnostics window opens but is not helpful.   I couldn;t get the network updater data from 'properties'.

User_B
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,465
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

The new system is 64 bit (windows 7) BTW, could that be the problem?

Thanks,

User_B
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,454
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Problem solved. I un installed all drivers, then run an older (?!)  version of 'intel PRO/wirelss' which re installed older drivers.

It seemed to solved the problem.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors