cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XanderTheGreat
Paper Tape
Views: 554
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo T420 Integrated Camera is Missing!!! HELP I TRIED ALOT OF SOLUTIONS BUT NOTHING WORKED

Lenovo T420 missing INtegrated Camera, cant be detected by any 3rd party app (ie. bandicam) -I already installed the latest drivers but nothing happen (see pic file below) -already checked the BIOS and the camera is enabled but still no camera was detected -I tried troubleshooting but no luck -Tried going to settings fn+f6 but there is no camera settings there?(see pic below) -Checked device managaer suprisingly,also missing (see pic below) -I tried to add legacy hardware, but there are no integrated camera. Please hlep....... getting headaches for weeks because of this........ thanks in advance
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 548
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo T420 Integrated Camera is Missing!!! HELP I TRIED ALOT OF SOLUTIONS BUT NOTHING WORKED

Hello and welcome

To make sure the web camera is preinstalled in the laptop, provide, please, its Machine-Type-Model code, begins with 4177, 4178, 4180, 4236.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g  |  x220 • hdd, msata ssd, 3g, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
x1c Gen3 (2015) • WQHD MT IPS, PCIe ssd
Miix 2 10"  |  Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android 5.0), BKC800 BT Keyboard, FolioCase
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 wireless router, hdd 1 TB, BT speaker, power bank

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

XanderTheGreat
Paper Tape
Views: 546
Message 3 of 9

Re: Lenovo T420 Integrated Camera is Missing!!! HELP I TRIED ALOT OF SOLUTIONS BUT NOTHING WORKED

TYPE 4180-AK7

XanderTheGreat
Paper Tape
Views: 540
Message 4 of 9

Is camera preinstalled on my laptop? , i think it is, bcoz every time i on the laptop the camera indicator lights on and off

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 539
Message 5 of 9

As expected, the web camera is missing in the laptop' specification with MTM you've provided.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g  |  x220 • hdd, msata ssd, 3g, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

XanderTheGreat
Paper Tape
Views: 534
Message 6 of 9

there is no integrated camera on my laptop? is that what it means, sorry Im not that comp geek hehe, But i see a cmarea at the top area

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 523
Message 7 of 9

Any chance you're missing up the webcam with ThinkLight?

Again, the specification for your laptop doesn't list the webcam preinstalled. It could be installed separately by someone. A photo of the screen' bezel where the webcam dummy is placed with zoom and light enough might help to recognize whether the webcam is there. But Device Manager doesn't have deices with errors or drivers missed. So, diagnostic tools will not show the webcam as well.

XanderTheGreat
Paper Tape
Views: 466
Message 8 of 9

Here is the picture

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 460
Message 9 of 9

Indeed, the webcam is installed.

So, there might be several reasons for issue:
- the webcam is broken while its LED works properly (am I right you face the flash, usually green colored, from the small hole to the right side of the camera window?)
- its cable or cable' connector is broken, for example, in the hinge
- the camera cable is connected to the camera module or systemboard not properly

Anyway, if the camera is recognized by the system somehow, but the drivers aren't installed or works with error, even if the camera is a hidden device, you might see the camera device by request:
- open the PowerShell (windows key+R), type in powershell
- copy, past to the window opened (by right click) and execute the following string

Get-WmiObject Win32_PNPEntity | Where-Object{$_.ConfigManagerErrorCode -ne 0} | Select Name, DeviceID

If the output is empty, there isn't devices with errors in the system.

Top Kudoed Authors