Did you mean: 
Durgaprasad9
What's DOS?
Views: 5,700
Message 11 of 21

Re: Lenovo T430 Screen Won't Turn On and not booting up

Hi,Mithun

I have a similar problem with my system

Ihaven't opened it yet but it gives the following beep pattern.

beep          beep beep beep         beep beep beep beep          beep beep beep

Durgaprasad9
What's DOS?
Views: 5,698
Message 12 of 21

Hi
Same Problem
Haven't opened up yet
beep                     beep beep beep                 beep beep beep beep                     beep beep beep

Durgaprasad9
What's DOS?
Views: 5,680
Message 13 of 21

Hi Thanks
RAM problem
azsunshinelover
What's DOS?
Views: 5,632
Message 14 of 21

I had the same problem.  Lenovo sent out a person to replace LCD screen--not the problem. Then said it was the motherboard.  Not the problem.  A person at tech support told me to push the power button quickly 10 times and then hold it down for 10 secs.  It worked.  I never heard of such a thing.

pebsey
Paper Tape
Views: 5,342
Message 15 of 21

Mine does the same but it beeps.. what do I do... its g505 

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 5,328
Message 16 of 21

Hi pebsey, welcome to the forums,

I would suggest you visit the Lenovo, 3000 & Essential notebooks board; that's the family the G505 belongs to and you may find a relevant thread about your symptoms there, if not by all means start a new one.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

azsunshinelover
What's DOS?
Views: 5,255
Message 17 of 21

I have a T440 and it frequency does this. Push power button fast for 10
times and then hold down for 10 secs. Repeat if screen doesn't start

roblag1
What's DOS?
Views: 4,086
Message 18 of 21

I also just get the green light on power button only. won't boot into safe mode by hitting F8.  Have tried external monitor, removing battery and trying to boot with power supply only, no luck. Even removed ram, get 2 sets of 4 beeps. Any ideas?

JohnT76
What's DOS?
Views: 3,184
Message 19 of 21

@azsunshinelover wrote:

I had the same problem.  Lenovo sent out a person to replace LCD screen--not the problem. Then said it was the motherboard.  Not the problem.  A person at tech support told me to push the power button quickly 10 times and then hold it down for 10 secs.  It worked.  I never heard of such a thing.

I was about to throw in the white flag until I read your solution.  I almost fell off my chair when I saw it boot up and work.

Thank you, Thank you, and Thankyou!

dannn
What's DOS?
Views: 876
Message 20 of 21

Sorry to bump a necro thread, but I just solved this issue with my old T430. OP should remove the ram under the keyboard (which isn't very obvious, its really easy to miss) plus the ram in the bottom DIMM slot that is easy to get at and see if they gets the laptop beeping about the lack of RAM.

If so, put a stick of ram back in the slot behind the keyboard & take a bright light at an off angle to the screen and boot it up, you may faintly see the Thinkpad BIOS screen. If so, your backlight has died and its time to order a new screen off eBay for $30. VGA/DisplayPort out doesn't seem to work for some reason at boot, so its really easy to think that the whole laptop is dead when its just the screen!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors