cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,861
Message 11 of 19

Re: Lenovo T430 - Unauthorized network card is plugged in.

Where to get? Aftermarket - ebay Smiley Happy, if you'll get a guarantee of genuineness, amazon and newegg (more reliable), not alibaba.

What wlan ntennas type does your laptop have? If there are 3x3 antennas, one of possible card might be Intel 6300.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

est
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,850
Message 12 of 19

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your assistance.

Please, if you know some reliable eBay sellers feel free to recommend them.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,843
Message 13 of 19

Regarding Intel 6300 and antennas 3x3

If the factory preinstalled card wasn't Intel 6300 (you can clarify that on the support site by laptop s/n, http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ibasepartslookup ), there are 2x2 antennas in the laptop.
To ensure you have to disassemble laptop again (or remember): how many antennas wires for wlan card are there, 2 or 3 - black, grey, white.
Or purchase and install antennas yourself. Smiley Happy

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

est
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,831
Message 14 of 19

Hi,

I think it's 2x2 antennas as I only see 2 wires coming to that card.

Anyway, I decided not to experiment at this point and just to go with the original card (that supposedly should be there).

I studied many reviews and found some (hopefully) reliable seller on eBay.

I bought the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 card for like $18 US (including shipping). 

Once I receive it I'll let you know if that card works.

Thank you for now, have a nice weekendSmiley Happy

Ian

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,825
Message 15 of 19

I hope the new card has Lenovo FRU 60Y3253 Smiley Happy

est
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,801
Message 16 of 19

.. Just received the card today, plugged it in and it worked! Smiley Happy

Finallly the problem solved!

I noticed that the card did not have any "FRU" number (at least I did not see any "FRU" letters) but it had the "FCC ID" one.

The bottom line - now I have an original Intel wifi card in my Lenovo T430 - as it supposed to be.

Thanks for all the help I received hereSmiley Happy

Ian

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,742
Message 17 of 19

Hi EST!!

So glad and relieved you got your issue sorted.

To help others, would you mind Marking as Solution which tip you used to arrive at the solution? This will hopefully  be able to help others in similar situations.

Thanks!

Serene

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

carlos1984
Paper Tape
Views: 656
Message 18 of 19

That is weirtd that it worked prior to the restore, I had a similar expersience with a WWAN card I bought on Ebay. 

I believe it was 2 years ago that I bought a Sierra Wireless WWAN card for my Lenovo T430, the person I bought it from said it was unlocked , I got it and installed it and everything worked fine with my original provider.

Just resently I switch and the WWAN card would not connect so I read somewhere that you had to do a Switch modes from QMI to DIP which I did.

After doing a restart the Lenov T430 will not boot and gives me a message saying that “Unautorizedd network Card” This is weird as I did not have this problem prior to switching from QMI to DIP. The laptop booted up just fine.

I tried looking for the seller I bought it from to ask him what he did to the card to make it work in unsupported laptops but I cannot find him since I bought it so long ago.

So now the wwan card does not work , only way is to pull it out.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 654
Message 19 of 19

The explanation is in another thread where you've posted the same message.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors