Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aoddev
Paper Tape
Views: 1,069
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo T430S 3rd party battery

I've recently purchased a used Lenovo T430s. The battery appears to be dead, so I purchased an EBK battery from Amazon. The EBK battery appears to work fine as long as the charger is not plugged in. Shortly after the charger is plugged in the system reboots. I've read that Lenovo laptops will not charge a 3rd party battery. Is this correct?

At this point in time I can't be sure that the charging system in the laptop is functioning correctly. Is there a utility that will test the laptops charging system?

Thank you,

Alan

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,027
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo T430S 3rd party battery

Hi, Alan

@aoddev wrote:

I've read that Lenovo laptops will not charge a 3rd party battery. Is this correct?

Yes, IvyBridge and newer laptops have HW authentication features to prevent of using non authorized batteries.

At this point in time I can't be sure that the charging system in the laptop is functioning correctly. Is there a utility that will test the laptops charging system?

Such battery can't be charged in the laptop. There are no legit sw ways to resolve this feature.

In order to test the ACPI subsystem you need the proper battery.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g  |  x220 • hdd, msata ssd, 3g, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
x1c Gen3 (2015) • WQHD MT IPS, PCIe ssd
Miix 2 10"  |  Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android 5.0), BKC800 BT Keyboard, FolioCase
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 wireless router, hdd 1 TB, BT speaker, power bank

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

aoddev
Paper Tape
Views: 1,013
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for confirming this. I will return the 3rd party battery and purchase a Lenovo battery.

Alan

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,003
Message 4 of 4

The best place to do that
http://www-304.ibm.com/shop/americas/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/default/PromotionDisplay?storeId=2607...

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g  |  x220 • hdd, msata ssd, 3g, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
x1c Gen3 (2015) • WQHD MT IPS, PCIe ssd
Miix 2 10"  |  Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android 5.0), BKC800 BT Keyboard, FolioCase
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 wireless router, hdd 1 TB, BT speaker, power bank

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors