Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UBDM
Paper Tape
Views: 540
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo T440p Windows 7 Image under VMWare Fusion

Hello,

I have created a image (VMX) of my Lenovo T440p using the tool "VMware  vCenter Converter Standalone Client" version 6.2.0 build-7348398.

On my Mac Mini running macOS High Sierra version 10.13.2 I have installed VMware Fusion version 10.1.1 (7520154).

I can install the virtual machine using the image created and the machine is booting fine. However, when I try to login, the system seems to not get the "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" combination with the result that it is not possible to login. I have tried all different options incl. "Ease of Access" from the Windows Login Menu and the "Send Ctrl-Alt-Delete to virtual machine" function of VMware Fusion.

It seems like I am not the only one having this problem sind the internet is full of comments going in this direction (e.g. https://communities.vmware.com/thread/487963).

The solution for this problem seems to be to uninstall or deactivate the "Lenovo Keyboard Driver". However, if I look at the settings and the drivers installed on my lapop, it seems that there are only Windows native drivers installed. I cannot see any other drivers which are directly related to the keyboard. I have installed all recommended drivers from the Lenovo System Update Tool though.

My question:

Has anybody here faced the same issue and found a solution for it ?

Thanks

Uwe

Nicolas33
What's DOS?
Views: 432
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo T440p Windows 7 Image under VMWare Fusion

Hi, 

I experience exactly the same issue with Lenovo Yoga (with Windows 10). Did you find out a solution ?

UBDM
Paper Tape
Views: 417
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately not - it really sucks !

Nicolas33
What's DOS?
Views: 414
Message 4 of 4

I finally disabled all synaptic drivers including lenovo software (keyboard and mice) I found and it worked.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors