Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGMT440s
Paper Tape
Views: 1,355
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo T440s Hardware Scan Failure Result code: WHD00V00S-UL7XVG

I get the following failed result code when I perform a hardware scan via Lenovo Solution Center on the SanDisk SSD U110 16GB: WHD00V00S-UL7XVG. Does anyone know why I keep getting this error and how to fix it? I don't even know if this drive is being used for anything. It does not show up under my computer in windows explorer.

Thank you!

Here are details from the log file:

Display name: SanDisk SSD U110 16GB - 14.91 GBs

Manufacturer: Sandisk

Model: SanDisk SSD U110 16GB

Serial: 134610403527

Firmware: U21A001

Size: 14.91 GBs

Physical sector size: 512

Logical sector size: 512

Logical sectors: 31277232

Supported standards: ATA8-ACS, ATA7-ATAPI, ATA6-ATAPI, ATA5-ATAPI, ATA4-ATAPI, ATA8-ACS, ATA7-ATAPI, ATA6-ATAPI, ATA5-ATAPI, ATA4-ATAPI

Spec version: Unrecognized Version

Partition schema: GPT

UNALLOCATED: 1.09 MBs

Index 1

Size: 14.91 GBs

-----

Diagnostics

SMART Status Test: Passed

Targeted Read Test: Passed

Random Seek Test: Failed

Funnel Seek Test: Failed

SMART Short Self Test: Failed

-----

gwhitcroft
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,261
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo T440s Hardware Scan Failure Result code: WHD00V00S-UL7XVG

The device is a 16GB Solid State Drive (SSD) that is used by the Lenovo box to speed performance by caching frequently-used areas from the main hard disk. The error indicates a fault with the SSD (I have had the same problem on 2 different SSDs after using them for about a year each). I'm not sure why the SSDs seem to keep doing this - perhaps the write cycle count of certain blocks is reached too quickly in this environment, or maybe the ExpressCache software used for this function is not completely bug-free. You can continue to use the SSD as it seems from my experience that it continues to work, but not quite as efficiently as the faulty block(s) would mean the data there would be fetched from the Hard Disk after all. It would be good to hear more on this from Lenovo so that we can figure out the best course of action.

Top Kudoed Authors