12-31-2018

US

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 9

Lenovo T470 Rear Battery

2018-12-31, 17:33 PM

I have the external Thinkpad Battery 6 cell Li-ion Cylinderical Rear battery. I also have an internal battery. On the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, it tells me how much battery power is left to the internal battery. How do I get this information for the external battery? Can I run any tests to determine the health of this external battery?

Solved! See the solution
Options

2338 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3357 Signins

41320 Page Views

• Views: 41320
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo T470 Rear Battery

2019-01-01, 0:03 AM

If your computer has Lenovo Vantage installed, it will tell you under Hardware Settings --> Power, details of the battery, including its health. 

Lenovo Vantage is typically pre-installed. If it's not there, then try opening Lenovo Support. 

Hope that helps and Happy New Year!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

1901 Posts

07-22-2010

US

9839 Signins

164862 Page Views

• Views: 164862
  • Message 3 of 9

2019-01-01, 1:11 AM

You can use Lenovo Vantage.

https://vantage.lenovo.com/

It will give you information on BOTH batteries and if wanted help get drivers for your laptop.  Also on the taskbar it actually gives you information on both batteries IF you bought both batteries.  Some models came only with an external battery see psref below.  Internal 3 cell battery is an option.  I read what you posted just want to make sure you the taskbar truly is reading internal and not the external 6 cell.

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_T470

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
T14, T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

8076 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77127 Signins

2181699 Page Views

• Views: 2181699
  • Message 4 of 9

2019-01-01, 1:49 AM

If you've enabled the Vantage battery gauge on the taskbar, it will give the average charge state of the batteries.

At least that's what I see on my TP25 (same innards as the T470).

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

5 Posts

12-31-2018

US

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2019-01-01, 16:49 PM

Thank you. What does the 95% mean? Is it an average but what is the calculation because (100+85)/2 <> 0.95? 

When you have the external battery connected and the power NOT connected, which battery drains first (the internal or external battery)?

Options

2338 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3357 Signins

41320 Page Views

• Views: 41320
  • Message 6 of 9

2019-01-01, 16:56 PM

The battery with the least wear will be discharged first. Wear is defined as full charge capacity divided by design capacity.

Not exactly sure how the percentage is calculated, but it probably has to do with the average of the wear of the two batteries. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

5 Posts

12-31-2018

US

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2019-01-01, 17:18 PM

My model is not listed. 20HD******. Why? (I bought the computer in December 2017.)

I have an internal and an external battery.

Options

8076 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77127 Signins

2181699 Page Views

• Views: 2181699
  • Message 8 of 9

2019-01-01, 17:56 PM

wrote:

My model is not listed. 20HDCTO1WW. Why? (I bought the computer in December 2017.)

I have an internal and an external battery.

The "CTO" in your MT-M means "Configure-To-Order".  It was a custom configuration so it ends up with a generic MT-M, since a CTO unit could ship in one of many possible configurations.

You can chase down build specifics using your serial number - DO NOT post it here.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

12-31-2018

US

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2019-01-01, 18:04 PM

Thank you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete