Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmyestre
Paper Tape
Views: 228
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo T480 Not charging correctly when in a vehicle

I have a Lenovo T480 Laptop that I use for work. I do testing in vehicles sometimes and need to charge my laptop when I'm in there. The problem is that when I plug my laptop into an outlet(AC 110V 400W MAX) in a truck my laptop will begin charging for a moment, and then stop, and then start, and then stop, and eventually my computer will crash and restart itself. I have tried using a 140W Power Converter(Schumacher XI14) plugged into cigarette lighter but still the issue persists. When I plug it into a normal outlet everything works fine. I have tried on 3 different vehicles so I know it isn't specific to one. Is there a special charger that I need to use in situations like this? Has anyone else ran into any similar issues? Any help would be appreicated. Thanks!

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 223
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo T480 Not charging correctly when in a vehicle

Hi jmyestre, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

One of these would do it:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/top-tech/65W-USB-C-DC-Travel-Adapter/p/40AK006...

It's not uncommon see problems with inverters and power supplies. You are stepping up from 12V DC to 110V AC then back down to 20V DC. This travel adapter goes direct from 12V DC to 20V DC.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
jmyestre
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo T480 Not charging correctly when in a vehicle

Great! Thank you for the recommendation. I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors