cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmfloyd67
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo T500 Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running

Lenovo T500 laptop Problem: Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running/the copy of Windows 7 installed is not genuine. Or How I learned to stop worring and love my Lenovo T500.

First of all my current specs.

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo @ 2.93GHz 34 °C
Penryn 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
LENOVO 224158U (None) 40 °C
Graphics
LCD 1280x800 (1280x800@50Hz)
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Lenovo)
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Lenovo)
Storage
298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BEKT-75PVMT0 (SATA) 31 °C
Optical Drives
MAT**bleep**A DVD-RAM UJ892
Audio
Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD 

Running this configuration gave me no problems at all. Everything installed just like I needed it to and runs perfect. The Hard Drive is a WD Scorpio Black 320gb Sata 2. If I put anything higher than 320gb that is when I run into the Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running/the copy of Windows 7 installed is not genuine. Problem or if I install any sata 3 hard drive.

So what is the solution you ask? Good question. Don't install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager or the TPM or the Intel AMT Management Engine. Run Windows Update and your good to go. This solution was tested only using a WD Sata 3 Black 500gb HD. This was not tested on any other type of HD Or HD of higher capacity nor any SSD's

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors