Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wenderw
What's DOS?
Views: 1,033
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo T550 set M.2 drive as default boot

Hi :-)

I have just upgrade my Lenovo T550 with a 128GB M.2 drive. I am trying to use the new M.2 SSD as default boot, but I can't set it up in the BIOS, there is no option to do that, only can select if enable or not the F12 option on boot.

After a clean install of Windows 10 on the M.2 drive, the laptop allways boot using the 500GB SATA HDD, only when using F12 on startup screen I can select to boot from the SSD drive and then it runs OK.

Is there any option or utility to select or force the boot drive?

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,014
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo T550 set M.2 drive as default boot

Hello and welcome,

My guess is that you're not spotting the boot order option in BIOS.  It looks more like a title or label than a link to a list.

If your BIOS options look like the first image below, click on "Boot".  That should bring up a menu like the second image.

Z.

X220t_boot.JPG

T450s Boot Order.JPG

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

wenderw
What's DOS?
Views: 995
Message 3 of 5

OMG! I made a fool of myself... Thanks for opening my eyes :-D.
Salu2
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 990
Message 4 of 5

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Don't ask me how I knew this was the problem Smiley Wink

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

TST550
Fanfold Paper
Views: 492
Message 5 of 5

Hello friend,

I own thinkpad T550 and I want to upgrade M.2 SSD 2242 drive. I am interested to know about your experience and need suggestions - 

1. What is the model number of your M.2 SSD? does it require specific set of drivers

2. Can you tell me if Transcend MTS420 120GB will fit in the interface

3. Have you ever come across issues in booting your laptop from M,2 SSD? example - blue dead screen, SSD detection error etc..?

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors