cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARandomSysAdmin
Paper Tape
Views: 523
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo T570 Trackpoint Buttons not working.

Good Morning.

I have an issue with a T570 laptop's trackpoint BUTTONS.

Machine is running Windows 7 Pro.

When the "generic" Microsoft Compatible PS2 driver is installed, the Trackpoint and 3 Buttons work with no issues, however you lose all gestures on the touchpad.

When any version of the Synaptics driver I can get my hands on is installed, the Trackpoint continues to work, however the 3 buttons die.

The trackpoint check box in the UltraNav settings tab is checked. If I uncheck, the trackpoint stops working (as would be expected). Checking it again allows the Trackpoint to work but the buttons remain dead.

Without being too long winded I do want to throw out there that this laptop is in an Enterprise environement and was imaged using a build from T560.

If the Windows 7 OS that came from the factory is left on the machine, the Trackpoint buttons function with no issue.

Note that the driver versions of both the MS Compatible PS2 driver and the Synaptics driver between the Factory image and the Enterprise image are the same.

I'm sure the solution is buried in the registry somewhere, just not sure what to change or delete entirely to get the buttons reenabled.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors