08-23-2012 01:54 PM
My personal laptop is Lenovo THINKPAD T500 2055, and its main specifications are as follows:
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor T9400 (2.53GHz 1066MHz 6MBL2)
- 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module 4 GB (2 x 4 GB) 1066MHz DDR31066/PC38500 DDR3 SDRAM SoDIMM Kingston.
- 2 GB Intel Turbo Memory hard drive cache.
- ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 with 256MB.
- 160 GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm.
Currently I am seriously considering buying SSD, and my questions are as follows:
1) Will Intel SSD 520 Series 2.5 inch 180GB 6GB/S MLC Resell 25nm work alright with my laptop without any issues?
2) Which is better: Intel SSD 520 Series or Intel SSD 330/320 Series ?
I would greatly appreciate your support and inputs!
08-23-2012 11:03 PM
I posted my questions here because I am concerned about incompatibility issues: T500 <=> SSD. Also, I read that: 2.5" SSD does not fit into HDD holder for the laptop (T410), Ref: (http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/2-5-quot-SSD-does-not-fit-into-HDD-holder-f...), So, I am worry that If I bought Intel SSD 520 Series 2.5, then, it won't fit properly.
Another concern is that my current laptop has 2 GB Intel Turbo Memory hard drive cache, If I got SSD, then, should I remove the Turbo or disable it? What happens if I left it as it is without removing nor disabling?
08-24-2012 10:06 PM
Should be just fine, I would go with the 520. I have an older X25-M in my T400 that I put in when it was new. I have a second (320 GB hard drive) in a caddy that replaced the DVD drive. I almost bought a 520 the other day, but ended up with a Sandisk Extreme 240 GB because the price was so good, it hasn't been installed yet.
08-25-2012 03:49 PM
08-25-2012 09:05 PM