Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZoooRiin
Paper Tape
Views: 262
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo ThinkPad T460s BIOS issue

Hello everybody,

I purchased a some time ago a Thinkpad T460s laptop, which had a fried motherboard. "No problem" I thought and sent the machine to a non-Lenovo-authorized repair service. Few days ago I got the laptop back with a new working motherboard. However, not all was such smooth sailing. I installed Windows 8.1 to the laptop and noticed these issues:

The BIOS would give me error codes 2200 and 2201, regarding a lack of serial number, machine type and UUID

Secure Boot doesn't activate Windows

I think I can resolve the activation issue by just getting a new key and injecting it to the BIOS. However, I'd like to remove the BIOS errors as well. Is there anything I can do to fix these issues on my own? The machine doesn't have any warranty left, so I guess that bringing the machine to a Lenovo-approved service facility would cost a ton of money (which I don't currrently have). 

I have tried running AMIDEWIN utility (only got an SMBIOS error from it), the UEFI version of it threw me an incompatibility error

If needed, I can pay a little to the chap who can help me out

Cheers

-S

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 246
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T460s BIOS issue

A dealer or warranty servicer would have access to the maintenance disk that is used to flash the info onto the motherboard.  I would not expect that it would be expensive.  It just takes a couple of minutes.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ZoooRiin
Paper Tape
Views: 240
Message 3 of 4

Yes I figured that out. However, I am looking for an answer if there's anything what I can do at home if anything. I'd like to at least try something

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 233
Message 4 of 4

Discussions of improperly distributing copyrighted material is not allowed.  I am locking the thread.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors