Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strand-holm
Punch Card
Views: 259
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ThinkPad T520 and Microsoft Edge

When I access a website in MS Edge - like eBay - and want to delete an item in my watch list, eBay presents me for a message box, for me to confirm the removal by OK or Cancel. That window starts to flicker transparently. It only stops when I place the mouse pointer on the OK button. When I remove the pointer it starts flickering again.

I have swept the Internet in effort to find a useful solution.

Windows 10 and MS Edge is running on my Thinkpad.

I hope someone could help - I have spent hours running in circles.

Thanks, Anders

PS. I forgot to mention that I am unable to reproduce the problem in Microsoft Internet Explorer (11) and Google Chrome!

I know I could just use one on mentioned browsers but I would truly like to get to the bottom of this issue.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 230
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T520 and Microsoft Edge

This isn't a hardware issue. There are some sites that work better (or not at all) on one or more browsers. My preference is to use IE because I am used to it, but several sites (like eBay) work so poorly with it that I am migrating to Chrome. When programmers design web pages, they need to code specific things for each browser they support. It would be nice if there were compatibility, but there isn't. I also wish I could use just one browser, but I have four. (FYI, since you mention eBay, it seems to work best on Chrome.)  Also, some sites work differently with different screens.  I have one machine with a 4k screen and when I use that machine, some sites don't work correctly.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
strand-holm
Punch Card
Views: 199
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T520 and Microsoft Edge

Hello - and thank you for coming back to me.

I would agree with you on your considerations on browsers - but in this case it is strictly a problem betwen my Lenovo Thinkpad T520 and Microfoft Edge.

I can determine that, as there is no problem, when I access eBay (my watch-list) from a Compaq Desktop and a Dell XPS Laptop. Both running Windows 10 and I it is done in the Edge browser. No problem.

So - I am truly lost in this. I have no idea what and where to look. If I just had an error message as a lead. All I have is the odd blinking white box in Edge on my Lenovo Thinkpad.

Do you have ANY clue what to look for? - thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors